Continuing Undergraduate International Student Scholarships waive the entire non-resident portion of tuition and fees for continuing international students for up to one academic year. To be considered you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must have successfully completed (by the end of Spring 2016 semester) at least one semester of full-time coursework at Boise State University (a minimum of 12 credits). Courses that are repeated within the same academic year do not count towards meeting the credit completion requirement.
- You must be on an F-1 student visa.
- You must have a minimum cumulative Boise State GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree at Boise State.
- You must be studying in an eligible major. Ineligible majors include: Nursing, Pre-nursing, Pre-Radiology, and self-supported online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- Some programs are especially selective for this scholarship, and will require higher academic performance. These include: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Pre-Mechanical Engineering.
- You must not have already been awarded a tuition fee waiver for the 2016-17 academic year.
Deadline to submit the Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 Continuing Undergraduate International Student Scholarship Application is April 1st, 2016.
Scholarships ranging from $300 – $600 will be awarded to selected international students who display commitment to involvement in campus life at Boise State University. We are looking for candidates who participate in campus events and activities, volunteer on campus or in the community, take on leadership positions, and/or participate in student organizations.
Trang Doan was an international student from Viet Nam who was tragically killed in a car accident in 2004. Trang was an active student leader. She worked at the Women’s Center & Cultural Center for nearly two years and served as an officer in the International Student Association, Vietnamese Student Association and BARCADA, the Filipino student club. Trang’s dream was for the Cultural Center to be a vibrant, active place for students from all over the world to celebrate their differences and commonalities. A fund has been created to provide a scholarship to one international student each year who demonstrates the values that Trang held so dear. Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Successfully completed at least one semester of full-time coursework at Boise State University
- Have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Have a valid F-1 Student Visa and current I-20 Deadline to submit the Fall 2016 Trang Doan Memorial Scholarship Application is 5:00 pm on Friday, April 15, 2016
The academic departments and colleges also offer scholarships. Each academic division is responsible for separate awards, and most do not have separate applications. For additional information on these scholarships, visit the Financial Aid website.
Graduate students may apply for a graduate or research assistantship at the same time they apply for admission to the Graduate College. The deadline to apply for an assistantship is determined by the department. The application is available at Graduate College website.
Departments award graduate or research assistantships valued between $6,600 and $12,000. Awards include a stipend and a waiver of tuition and fees (including non-resident fees). Graduate and research assistantships are expected to provide 15 to 20 hours of service per week to the university, while scholarship recipients have no service requirements. For questions about graduate or research assistantships, please contact the department of your major.
You can obtain information about scholarships or loans available to international students on many websites. Please be aware that Boise State University does not recommend any website that requires a fee for this service. This information should be free to students. The following three websites are recommended and contain scholarship information:
Fast Web: This is a good place to search for scholarships, which you may be eligible to receive. Enter the requested information to receive a listing of available scholarships.
College Board: This is another good source for scholarship information for international students.
Brain Track: A free source for scholarship information for international students.
Do you want additional financing for your studies at Boise State University? Are you a citizen of a member state of the Organization of American States (OAS)? If so, the Rowe Fund Student Loan Program helps citizens from Latin America and Caribbean OAS Member States finance their studies in universities across the United States by awarding interest free loans. Applications are accepted and reviewed year-round. The loans are also available for university faculty and professionals with the support of the local university in the member state for continuing education or professional development courses in the United States. The courses, studies, or research for which the loan is granted must last for one full academic period and be completed within a two year period. For more information see their brochure. You can also contact them for more information.
Credila Financial Services is a specialized India-based student-loan lender offering loans to students from India who are currently studying in the USA. Credila’s team includes US educated professionals with background in financial services and education.
Credila Financial Services, B 301
Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (East)
Mumbai 400 059 India, www.credila.com
The Boise State University Financial Aid and Scholarships Office website has a list of free National Scholarship search programs for scholarship search assistance.